Monday, January 09, 2006

Spock's brain in a new body

Well, it took the entire weekend, but I've been able to copy 90% of the files I needed from the old computer to the new monster. Sill have a couple of Adobe apps left to install, but so far, so good.

I'm still fat-fingering the tiny keys on the keyboard that came with this computer, and the two-button mouse will soon play havac with my bad wrists, so I hope to purchase new ergonomic items when I can afford to do so. I'd grab the old keyboard and mouse from the old system, but I don't have the proper driver software for them anymore, and they clash badly with the sleek, gray and black motif of this monster.

I'm most impressed with how much nicer it is to surf the web or play the one or two games I have - it's amazing how a beefed-up graphics card and a 20-inch hi-def, wide-screen, flat-screen monitor can improve things here and there.

No comments: