Monday, January 30, 2006

May I suggest a new email program?

I have been using a new email program at work called Thunderbird, made by the same folks that make the awesome Firefox browser. It has many advantages over Outlook. It has an adaptive spam filter that really does a good job. It has security features that protect from some of the things that plague Outlook users. It is available free for Windows, Mac and Linux. Installation is Windows is a breeze, and it can import your settings from Outlook. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Glen Harris said...

I've been using Thunderbird for about a year now, both at home and at the office. Great program. One feature Thunderbird does not have, however, is to redirect an e-mail. At the office, I regularly get e-mails at the station's main account that are intended for the general manager. I'd like to be able to simply re-direct those e-mails to the GM's address, so he can reply directly to whoever sent the message - but, with Thunderbird, I have to forward the message to the GM, who has a tendency to simply mash the "reply" button. The result is his reply going back to my e-mail address. BIG inconvenience.

droyne said...

Understood. I don't know if this would help or not but have you tried the BiDi Mail UI extension?

Glen Harris said...

Just downloaded it, but I don't see anything that allows me to redirect e-mails...???

droyne said...

It doesn't redirect them...
Sorry, bad guess on my part.