Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Week Keeps Getting Better and Better...

What a great week this has been!

  • I've made contact with a "long-lost" family in New Zealand, and the lines of communication have been growing by leaps and bounds every day.
  • I was able to fix a horrific networking problem at the radio station by unplugging one piece of equipment, letting it cool for 30 seconds, and plugging it back in (it would have been very costly to have someone diagnose the problem, and do the same procedure). What was really rewarding about that is that I'm not a networking guy.
  • Today, an old college friend/former bandmate/former radio co-worker/old drinking buddy, whom I haven't seen in a couple of years, stopped by the radio station while getting gasoline next door.
  • I found out that a voice work gig I've been working on for a ball bearing company in Russia will pay me $50 more than I was told I would get.

The only stumbling block this week has been my inability to convince Wifey that lager is a food group. You know... meat, poultry, dairy, fruits and vegetables, and beer. She didn't buy it...

Speaking of Wifey, she is giving be a hard time for not posting some family pics on the blog, so as soon as I can get some transferred to this new computer, I'll make sure to post a few here and there.

No comments: