Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Family Found

Thanks to Droyne's web searches for our "brother", Simon, who had passed away a couple of years ago, I have been contacted by our friend's family in New Zealand. Words cannot adequately describe how elated I feel - it is like finding long lost relatives. Over the past 48 hours, I've received e-mails from Simon's widow and his sister, and they are both anxious to get our families catching up.

Simon's sister has a blog. Check it out: www.felyne.com.

I'm looking forward to communicating further with Simon's family. It's like Christmas all over again!

Thanks again to Droyne - without your efforts, this reconnection wouldn't have happened.

6 comments:

droyne said...

Wow, I don't know what to say. I may have found the link, but you made the effort to make contact. I've never been very good at that, or keeping in touch.
Thanks, bro.

Glen Harris said...

Thank goodness for the blog, eh? We're both pretty terrible at letter writing... :)

Anonymous said...

Wooohooooo! *dances around*


It's so easy to loose touch, especially when you get older and occupied with things like 'werk'. Yuk. Days turn to weeks, weeks to months, months to years and before you know it, its 25 years later and we've missed so much of each other.

But... Houston, we have contact.. lets not loose it again! (and yes, that could almost be Hudson, we have contact)... I still remember the braces....

Pics will be coming over the next couple days, super dooper promise!

Much Love!!!!

Glen Harris said...

Felyne!

You've found our blog!

When you get the chance to, IM me!

droyne said...

The braces are gone. :) I haven't done anything about the beak, however. I had better get my profile updated with some actual info and a pic! I should have that together tomorrow.
Woot!
-Jim

Anonymous said...

Yay, I found your blog... I followed a little link and this is where it lead me! hehe

I've also put you on my toolbar as a blog I stalk, so expect fellow weirdos to turn up (oops, don't tell my readers I called them weirdos... )